Sunday, May 22, 2016

2016 Spring 2

Mr. Bluebird's got this wave thing going on. I call it his bluebird semaphore, but that's just me.

 I should try to see what a DNR program could do with the above. 
It was rather early morning when shadow was long and deep.



 
I'm not just about Bluebirds ya know.
Here's a Towhee of the male persuasion.
It's taken me quite a while to get a good shot of him.

 Nuthatch in a typical pose. Love that lichen or whatever it is.

 I can't get enough of these guys.  

Seems like a good year for the Rose-breasted Grosbeak.


Less often seen is an individual part way between juvie and adult male plumage. I've seen different variations and it's always a treat. Dig that red eyebrow!

The female (or maybe a kid?) for good measure.

May 28: Twas a hot day for sure. 
 Repeat from BB Chronicle, just after seeing all 4 BB kids.
 Not often you see the Red-winged Blackbird sunning himself.
He was panting too.
Goldfinch doing the same. 


May 29: It's started, the 17 year cicada emergence.
This one's on poison ivy.
I guess I'll be falling asleep to cicadean rhythms soon enough.

 May 30: Brown Thrasher.
Was here yesterday too.Adding this fuzzy picture just for tail length, wing bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment