Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Good Day For Birds

Twas a great Sunday morning here in Paris Twp. 
Here are some of the visitors to our yard.

This Yellow Warbler spent a while cleaning in pretty clear view to my delight. I made a sequence of shots into a little slide show posted here, on YouTube. I think I like it better than my typical animated GIF. Better quality but a bit more work! 

Field Sparrow on Jewel Weed
 Field Sparrow

The Rose-breasted Grosbeak is not a rare bird, we get them every summer. Harder to catch is my favourite: the male transitioning to adult plumage. What a nice blend of colours, and in such variation!
I'm thinking this is a Common Yellowthroat.

Not so sure about the one below.

Composite, same bird as above I believe.

Young Red-bellied Woodpecker.
Brown Thrasher

Northern Flicker, female.
What a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment